Monday, October 15, 2007

Trick Pony RIDE Contemporary Country Music CD Review

The extremely talented grouping Trick Pony have got released their most recent cadmium on the Control Records (USA) recording label, entitled RIDE.

Unfortunately, it's not mundane that I acquire a cadmium for reappraisal that I can just protrude in and comfortably listen to from beginning to end. There is usually a song or two that I just can't coerce myself to acquire through. Not at all the lawsuit with RIDE. Every path is gratifying and was pretty easy for me to listen to from start to finish.

RIDE have a pleasantly varied, premix of 14 paths that are very well written and brilliantly performed songs by these clearly talented musicians. With many of the songs displaying a batch of the sort emotion that brands for a really great listen. Clearly drawing from what I can only conceive of are their ain existent life experiences. At different points touching on the most existent emotions of love, heartbreak, pain, failed human relationships and unachievable romance. They're all here.

Overall drive is outstanding from beginning to end. One of those CDs that after a few listens the songs are just etched into your memory. A must have got for the Contemporary Country fan. Really sensational from beginning to end.

While the full record album is really very good some of my favourites are path 1 - Ain't Wastin' Good Whiskey, path 8 - Stand In The Center Of Texas, and path 13 - I Can Dwell With That

My Bonus Pick, and the 1 that got Sensitive [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is path 11 - Once A Cowboy. This is a great track!

RIDE Release Notes:

Trick Pony originally released drive on August 23, 2005 on the Control Records (USA) label.

CD Path List Follows:

1. Ain't Wastin' Good Whiskey

2. What's Not To Love

3. It's A Heartache

4. When I Fall

5. I Didn't

6. Bride, The

7. Sad City

8. Stand In The Center Of Texas

9. Senorita

10. Hillbilly Rich

11. Once A Cowboy

12. Cry Cry Cry

13. I Can Dwell With That

14. Maryann's Song

Trick Pony: Heidi Newfield Samuel Johnson (vocals, harmonica); Individual Retirement Account Dean (acoustic guitar, bass instrument); Keith George Burns (acoustic guitar).

Additional personnel: Darius Rucker (vocals).

Recording information: The Sound Kitchen, Franklin, Tennessee.

No comments: